THE ELEMENTS OF TRUTH PROJECT
A. ON TRUTH
1. Truth matters.
2. How to think about reality.
3. The basic premises of truth.
4. Truth is probabilistic.
I. ELEMENTS OF INVESTIGATION
1. Use doubt wisely.
2. Pursue the truth, not falsehoods.
3. If you want to know, you will have to find out.
4. Know what it is you want to know.
5. Distinguish between facts, beliefs, preferences, and opinions.
6. Evaluate the reliability of information.
7. Aim for the primary source of information.
8. Adopt the scientific method.
II. ELEMENTS OF ARGUMENT
III. ELEMENTS OF DECEPTION
B. ON SCIENCE
I. SCIENCE FACTS
II. THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD
III. THE NATURE OF MEASUREMENT
IV. ON EXPERIMENTS
V. MODELLING THE WORLD AROUND US
VI. SCIENTIFIC INSTITUTIONS
C. ON THE LIMITATIONS OF THE HUMAN MIND
I. EVOLUTIONARY EPISTEMOLOGY
II. BIASES, ERRORS, AND FALLACIES
NOTES AND REFERENCES